[voikko-devel] Malaga: a few fixes

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at cc.jyu.fi
Thu Aug 31 22:28:59 EEST 2006

On Thursday 31 August 2006 21:20, Anssi Hannula wrote:
> commands_interactive.c seems to miss #include <stdio.h>:
> > commands_interactive.c: In function 'command_loop':
> > commands_interactive.c:91: warning: implicit declaration of function
> > 'printf' commands_interactive.c:91: warning: incompatible implicit
> > declaration of built-in function 'printf' commands_interactive.c:92:
> > warning: implicit declaration of function 'read_line'
> > commands_interactive.c:92: error: 'stdin' undeclared (first use in this
> > function) commands_interactive.c:92: error: (Each undeclared identifier
> > is reported only once commands_interactive.c:92: error: for each function
> > it appears in.) commands_interactive.c:92: warning: assignment makes
> > pointer from integer without a cast commands_interactive.c:110: warning:
> > incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'printf'

Actually there are other missing includes as well, I remember having had to
add three of them (on top of my previous patch) when compiling malaga on Mac
OS X 10.4 (Intel CPU) last week. Unfortunately I had no possibility of
writing a patch at that time, but I think one of them was the one Anssi
mentioned, the second was #include "input.h" in the same file (because
read_line is used if readline is not available) and third was #include
<stdio.h> in input.h (because FILE is used in the prototype of read_line). Of
course not all of the three should be strictly necessary.

I did not have time to investigate this properly, but I may be able to do so
next week. Specifically I would like to find out why readline support did not
work on OS X and maybe write a patch if it is something I know how to fix. I
do not have a Mac myself so I cannot do this right now.