[libvoikko] Lttoolbox - libvoikko backend integration issues?

David Cheah chaoticefx at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 18:34:12 EEST 2010

Hi again,

Have been working to build Voikko in MinGW as per the Windows instructions
on the Voikko page, sadly the Malaga installation isn't giving me any files
at all - currently looking into it. Think i should be able to find out whats
going wrong over the weekend.

Also, I've been looking at the spelling suggestions in
src/spellchecker/suggestions, and have a few questions.

Am I right in saying that the task at hand is basically to write additional
methods and new SuggestionGenerator(etc) files into the
src/spellchecker/suggestions folder, which would leave the methods involving
SuggestionStrategy and SuggestionStatus mostly unmodified?

Also, what additional features/new implementations would be good to have in
the suggestions algorithm? Or perhaps what is the current reason why there
is a need for a better suggestions algorithm?

Cheers