[libvoikko] VoikkoSpellService (MacOS X) fails to build on OS X 10.6

Sjur Moshagen sjurnm at mac.com
Tue Apr 27 16:32:59 EEST 2010

Hello,

I'm trying to build the VoikkoSpellService (voikko speller as a system service on MacOS X), but it fails to build on MacOS X 10.6.x with 23 errors in voikko.h (and one warning in VoikkoSpellService.m).

The errors all seem to be syntax error complains of the following two types:

/usr/local/include/libvoikko/voikko.h:61:0 /usr/local/include/libvoikko/voikko.h:61: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘*’ token

/usr/local/include/libvoikko/voikko.h:67:0 /usr/local/include/libvoikko/voikko.h:67: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token

Since the header file is working fine in most other contexts (all?), I assume there is something wrong with how XCode perceives the header file - interpreting it as something else than what it really is.

I am really no C programmer, so I am completely lost at this. Does anyone have an idea of what is going on and what could be done to fix it?

Best,
Sjur