[libvoikko] openoffice.org-voikko 3.1.2rc1

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Tue Aug 3 23:32:59 EEST 2010

A release candidate for bug fix release of openoffice.org-voikko is available
for testing at

  http://www.puimula.org/htp/testing/openoffice.org-voikko-3.1.2rc1.tar.gz

This release contains a fix for Trac ticket #16, a major configuration
compatibility issue with upcoming OOo 3.3.

I have also included a small configuration change that will allow bypassing
the license dialog during standalone extension installation, a feature that is
also newly added in OOo 3.3. This change has no effect on Linux where the
license dialog is not usually used.

The compatibility issue #16 is serious since it will completely prevent
OpenOffice.org from starting up when the affected extension is installed.
Uninstalling the broken extension is apparently possible with unopkg so
distribution packagers do not need to do anything special to handle this
upgrade. Just make sure that you make this fixed version available before your
distribution switches to OOo 3.3 and you will avoid all problems.

For Windows users there will be no real problems since the widely distributed
binary extension for that platform is old enough that it does not even contain
the problematic configuration file. Newer experimental release will break but
that is to be expected with such things.

Those who have downloaded the OS X extension from
http://www.puimula.org/htp/ooo/voikko-mac.html may be in big trouble when they
upgrade to OOo 3.3. I try to make updated extension available as soon as
possible and we will need to instruct OS X users to upgrade the extension
before they upgrade OOo, otherwise they need to resort to running unopkg from
console to fix their installation.

Thanks to Ville-Pekka Vainio and other Fedora people for finding and solving
this problem long before the release of OOo 3.3.