[libvoikko] Speller cleanup

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Sat Aug 21 12:38:59 EEST 2010

I have done some cleanup in our spell checker code by removing some
Finnish/Malaga specific tweaks from common spelling code path. This affects
non-Finnish and experimental backends in such way that these tweaks are no
longer applied to them.

The tweaks were such that they allowed certain words containing hyphens to be
accepted even if the backend speller rejected them. From now on each backend
must handle such things as appropriate for the language and implementation.

The default speller backend is now

  FinnishSpellerTweaksWrapper(AnalyzerToSpellerAdapter(currentAnalyzer),currentAnalyzer)

This means that the tweaks are still applied when default configuration is
used. In case someone has set the previous default
AnalyzerToSpellerAdapter(currentAnalyzer) explicitly in the configuration file
and expects to still have these tweaks, please change your configuration.