[libvoikko] Wiki pages related to libvoikko

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Wed Feb 24 23:54:28 EET 2010

On Wednesday 24 February 2010 22:29:06 Francis Tyers wrote:
> How hard would it be to add another backend library to libvoikko ? We
> have quite a few analysers in the Apertium project (with explicit GPL
> licensing -- mostly v2 or later), it would be interesting to be able to
> include them. Here is a code snippet that calls the library for a given
> (platform-independent compiled binary):

For simple needs (spell checking without character case checks and no spelling
suggestions, language alphabet is completely within Latin Extended-A or lower
Unicode ranges), it is quite easy, only a few hours of work. Anything more
than that requires more work. See src/morphology/HfstAnalyzer.cpp for an
example.

If I remember correctly, Apertium is already in Debian. I could take a look
next week and see what can be done.