[libvoikko] Wiki pages related to libvoikko

Flammie Pirinen flammie at iki.fi
Thu Feb 25 22:33:42 EET 2010

2010-02-25, Harri Pitkänen sanoi:

> On Thursday 25 February 2010, Flammie Pirinen wrote:

> > I assume you may find it usable even with its memory leaks and
> > performance issues. It includes a suggestion of FST implementation
> > of suggestion mechanism I am currently writing a paper or tech doc
> > about.
>
> Looks interesting. We should improve the suggestion generation code
> so that your suggestion mechanism could actually be plugged into use.
> Should not be too hard, most of the required abstractions are already
> there.

That would be ideal, or even further, as I think there were provision
for different suggestion algorithms in current voikko, same can be
easily done providing different transducers. I suppose at some point
the hard coded file names can be replaced by information read from
the .pro file or something?

> I won't merge the patch in its current form as the FlagDiacritics
> part appears to be something that should rather belong to HFST.

I agree, I'll probably toss it to some corner of the library for now.
Hopefully by the time of next major version of the HFST it will be
mainly moved to the legacy tools and optimized layer.

> Additionally indentation does not match the tab indentation used in
> libvoikko. I admit that the choice of using tabs for indentation in
> libvoikko was a mistake and I'll probably reindent all of the source
> code using four spaces instead.

Well, I've always been supporter of tabs for line initial indentation,
but overwhelming majority of projects aren't so I finally set up my vim
to do GNU style indentation. If you prefer some style that is not GNU
nor kernel style, but have e.g. vim cindent modeline for the preferred
style, it would greatly help in delivering properly indented patches.

--
Flammie, computer scientist bachelor, linguist master, free software
Finnish localiser, and more! <http://www.iki.fi/flammie/>