[libvoikko] Lttoolbox (Apertium) morphology backend

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Sun Feb 28 21:40:18 EET 2010

On Sunday 28 February 2010, Francis Tyers wrote:
> > I don't know Icelandic at all and therefore can't tell whether some of
> > the  words are accepted or rejected incorrectly.
>
> Nice, it looks good. Some of the capitalised words should be recognised
> corrected, at least 'Bretlandi' and 'Norðmenn' .

I tried to fix the checking of capitalized words but started to run into
problems. It seems that the library API works in somewhat surprising (at least
to me) ways when you enter a word that starts with a capital letter and ends
with garbage.

The implementation is here
http://voikko.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/voikko/trunk/libvoikko/src/morphology/LttoolboxAnalyzer.cpp?revision=3182&view=markup

and test cases here
http://voikko.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/voikko/trunk/libvoikko/python/ApertiumIcelandicTest.py?revision=3183&view=markup

I was able to get all test cases expect the one with TODO in method name
implemented. How would you suggest fixing the code so that all tests would
pass? Of course a patch would be most welcome :)