[libvoikko] Test cases for libvoikko/HFST needed

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Mon Jan 18 19:16:49 EET 2010

On Sunday 17 January 2010, Francis Tyers wrote:
> I suggest North Sámi and Lule Sámi.
>
> They can be downloaded from
>
> https://victorio.uit.no/langtech/trunk/gt
>
> , compile with HFST, are available under the GPL, and are actively
> maintained.

Thanks. I tried these and noticed some things:

- It was a bit difficult to figure out how to build the transducers.
  "make hfst TARGET=sme" was the command I was looking for.
- Copyright notices are missing from many files or I was not able to find
  them. In order to use these under the GPL it is necessary to know who holds
  the copyrights.
- 2 GB of memory was not enough to build the transducers on a 64-bit system
  and therefore I cannot build them myself. Perhaps a stripped version could
  be provided, it could also be useful for other purposes such as automated
  testing.