[libvoikko] Libvoikko 2.3rc1

Marko Wallin marko.wallin at iki.fi
Sun Jan 31 12:51:17 EET 2010

30.1.2010 18.00, Harri Pitkänen kirjoitti:

> Version 2.3rc1 has been released to allow interested users and distributors to
> test the new library before final release of 2.3. Please test it and report
> any issues you find by replying to this message.

Hi,
It seems now that libvoikko 2.3rc1 has some problems when compiling in
Mac OS X 10.6. Libvoikko 2.2.1 (r3042) compiled fine with the same
configure and make install options (for 32bit).

Now make install gives the following error:

Undefined symbols:
  "_libiconv_open", referenced from:
      libvoikko::voikko_ucs4tocstr(wchar_t const*, char const*, unsigned
long)in utils.o
      libvoikko::voikko_cstrtoucs4(char const*, char const*, unsigned
long)in utils.o
      _voikko_set_string_option in setup.o
      _voikko_init_with_path in setup.o
  "_libiconv_close", referenced from:
      libvoikko::voikko_ucs4tocstr(wchar_t const*, char const*, unsigned
long)in utils.o
      libvoikko::voikko_cstrtoucs4(char const*, char const*, unsigned
long)in utils.o
      _voikko_terminate in setup.o
      _voikko_set_string_option in setup.o
      _voikko_init_with_path in setup.o
  "_libiconv", referenced from:
      libvoikko::voikko_ucs4tocstr(wchar_t const*, char const*, unsigned
long)in utils.o
      libvoikko::voikko_cstrtoucs4(char const*, char const*, unsigned
long)in utils.o
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [libvoikko.la] Error 1

As I'm no C++ coder I have no idea what to look for so I hope someone
could help with this to get things working.

// Marko