[libvoikko] Libvoikko 2.3rc1

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Sun Jan 31 13:21:25 EET 2010

On Sunday 31 January 2010, Marko Wallin wrote:
> Now make install gives the following error:
>
> Undefined symbols:
>   "_libiconv_open", referenced from:

OK, I can see the problem here. We fail to link against libiconv on OS X
because it is no longer implicitly available after dependency on glib was
removed.

There are at least three ways to solve this problem:
1) Modify configure.ac to explicitly add -liconv on OS X.
2) Add conditional code to voikko_ucs4tocstr and voikko_cstrtoucs4 to convert
   to/from UTF-8 using some other method if iconv is not available.
3) Wait until libvoikko 3.0 where support for encodings other than UTF-8 will
   be removed which will allow us to remove all use of iconv.

I would accept a patch that implements 1) if someone can write and test it.