[libvoikko] Installation and removal of openoffice.org-voikko in OOo 3.3

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 13:12:50 EEST 2010

14. kesäkuuta 2010 0.27 Harri Pitkänen <hatapitk at iki.fi> kirjoitti:
> That trick uses regcomp instead of unopkg. It might work for ordinary
> extensions but sounds a bit risky.

Ok.

> I have not seen these compatibility problems myself in a long time and I
> believe it might be safe to uninstall ooo-voikko from Lenny with OOo from
> Squeeze. If the same can be assumed to be true for upgrade to Squeeze+1 then
> it would be possible to move everything from preinst and prerm to postinst
> and postrm and remove Pre-Depends from ooo-voikko in Squeeze, right?

I'm not certain, these complex dependencies (including the current
Conflicts generation) are... complex. But sounds sensible. I tried
preparing such a package for testing dist-upgrade (with my local extra
repository), but the dist-upgrade of lenny default install to squeeze
seems anyway broken at the moment. I'll try it at some point later.

For Ubuntu, they can as a last resort just do update-manager quirk to
remove ooo-voikko in the beginning of the installation and install the
new version at the end. There is a bug against update-manager open.
8.04 LTS -> 10.04 LTS upgrades will start to be offered at the change
of July-August (when 10.04.1 is released), so there is time until
that.

-Timo