[libvoikko] Replacing SVN with Git for version control

Teemu Likonen tlikonen at iki.fi
Wed Mar 3 21:44:37 EET 2010

* 2010-03-03 20:13 (+0200), Harri Pitkänen wrote:

> On Tuesday 02 March 2010, Teemu Likonen wrote:
>> Yes, it was about two years ago and since then I've been interacting
>> with Voikko SVN repositories through "git svn" interface. If you more
>> active developers decide to switch from SVN to Git (which I support)
>> I could offer my help for converting and splitting the repository.
>> I've been maintaining my personal Git clone so that it contains all
>> the information and could be used as the base for the official
>> conversion.
>
> Sounds great. Would it be possible for you to publish a copy of the
> repository somewhere? I could clone it and commit things there (in
> parallel with the SVN repo) just to see how things would work.

Here's a quick version with the SVN trunk:

    $ git clone http://www.iki.fi/tlikonen/voikko.git

If you want SVN branches and tags (which are actually branches too) I
can push them later. In case you want to experiment with splitting the
repository you could, for example try this:

    $ git filter-branch --subdirectory-filter libvoikko