[libvoikko] Lttoolbox - libvoikko backend integration issues?

David Cheah chaoticefx at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 13:27:58 EET 2010

Hi all,

I'm looking to help Apertium with the Lttoolbox and libvoikko integration
issues. However, I'm new to both Apertium and Voikko, so if I may, I'd like
to know a little more before jumping in :)

So far, the main issues I can see are from:
http://wiki.apertium.org/wiki/Ideas_for_Google_Summer_of_Code/Improve_integration_of_lttoolbox_in_libvoikko
and
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/voikko/wiki/libvoikko/SupportedLanguages

The biggest 2 being that there are class conflicts and lttoolbox lacks a
method to analyse strings.

Are there any other issues with the integration that might need fixing? Or
perhaps are there any known issues with trying to get the software to work
in Windows 7/Vista? (my current dev platform)

Cheers

David Cheah