[libvoikko] Test results for libvoikko 3.0rc1 on Windows XP

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Mon May 17 20:44:55 EEST 2010

On Saturday 15 May 2010 17:04:42 Harri Pitkänen wrote:
> Running voikkotest has never been attempted
> before on Windows (as far as I know) so we don't know if this is a new or
> old problem.

The failed tests were a configuration problem in test environment (need to
specify file encoding as UTF-8). The crash however seems to be an actual
Windows specific bug in the library. Most likely the bug is within Malaga
code. It seems to appear only if extended morphological information is
enabled in Suomi-malaga and/or old version of Suomi-malaga is used. I was not
able to reproduce it with current Suomi-malaga in default configuration.
Taking the same Suomi-malaga binaries and using them on Linux works too, so
it really is a Windows-only issue.

With current Suomi-malaga all basic spelling, suggestion and morphological
tests pass. There are some issues in the test scripts that prevent further
tests from running on Windows.

I debugged the problem and it appears that the Malaga VM either corrupts its
stack or places invalid string cells into it. I don't know where the
corruption comes from and won't have time to find it out. If someone wants to
continue you can try "kaksikissainen" as the input word, it will trigger the
problem.