[libvoikko] hfst-ospell API

Flammie Pirinen flammie at iki.fi
Wed Sep 8 16:25:23 EEST 2010

2010-08-10, Flammie Pirinen sanoi:

> 2010-08-09, Harri Pitkänen sanoi:
>
> > Are there plans to change the HFST backend code in libvoikko to use
> > this library in the near future? It would be interesting to see the
> > performance difference.
>
> It could be done asap I hope, although I did not get it working yet;
> trying attached patch for the spell checking will seg fault for me,
> I'll investigate it further tomorrow. Maybe it's just my transducers
> that are faulty and it may work for you or maybe I missed something
> obvious.

Ok, I got it working with current SVN revision without any serious
problems, the attached patch will update spell checking and correction
code and comment out the rest, so I didn't commit it yet.  It doesn't
depend HFST library anymore. I also had a bit of problem with
autoconfiscate so I hard-coded -lhfst-ospell to src/Makefile.am.

I tested it with svn HEAD omorfi using dictionary.hfst.ol as spl.hfstol
and error.edit-distance-2.hfst.ol as err.hfstol. These are now both
weighted so spelling suggestions should be ranked along edit distance +
morphological likelihood + wikipedia word-form frequency, in that order.

--
Flammie, computer scientist bachelor, linguist master, free software
Finnish localiser, and more! <http://www.iki.fi/flammie/>