[libvoikko] Heap corruption at libreoffice exit with libreoffice-voikko

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Mon Dec 19 17:23:25 EET 2011

On Saturday 17 December 2011, Timo Jyrinki wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There is a report available about a heap corruption at Debian's bug
> tracking:

> No solution ideas as of yet, so I thought to report it here. I have
> actually noticed and seen this at times, but it didn't occur to me it
> could be related to libreoffice-voikko. At this very moment I don't
> seem to be able to trigger this myself, though.

I have seen it too. The bug is annoying but mostly harmless since it happens
very late during shutdown when nothing valuable is left to save.

There may be more than one uno::Reference objects that assume they own the
same object and will then try to delete it twice. I don't understand yet why
this happens but I will take a look at it in January if not sooner.