[libvoikko] Request for info: languages and spell checking in openoffice.org-voikko

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Wed Feb 2 20:25:04 EET 2011

Next release of openoffice.org-voikko will be made in a few weeks. The new
release will provide support for spell checking languages other than Finnish.
Unfortunately OpenOffice.org (and LibreOffice) do not internally support BCP
47. Additionally languages that are unknown to OOo cannot be used for spell
checking.

I'd like to ensure that any language that currently is (or will soon) be
supported through HFST would work properly with the new release. To do this I
need to have a list of these languages. In most cases all I need is the BCP 47
tag of the language you are working on.

If the language is not known by OOo we also need to add some locale data to
OOo and LibreOffice source. I can take care of that but I may need to get back
to you for more details about such languages.