[libvoikko] VoikkoSpellService + hfst questions

Sjur Moshagen sjurnm at mac.com
Thu Sep 8 13:41:42 EEST 2011

Den 8. sep. 2011 kl. 12.44 skrev Marko Wallin:

> 8.9.2011 9.25, Sjur Moshagen kirjoitti:
>> Especially for the 64-bit building his setup for osxspell also builds libiconv. Is that really necessary nowadays?
>>
> Libvoikko doesn't need libiconv or glib anymore but they are needed for building suomi-malaga.

Ok, thanks for the heads-up.

>> Please note that his guidelines were written against an older version of libvoikko, but he seems to have been testing these things at least against libvoikko 3.1.
>>
> The guidelines were also used with the latest libvoikko but just with malaga. Haven't tried hfst for a while.

Thanks, they were a great help. Based on these guidelines and some other reading for compiling universal binaries I have been able to build VoikkoSpellService including the hfst backend support, even including the latest zhfst patch from Tommi:)

It is NOT tested properly yet, I have to log out and back in before I can check that everything is working as it should. I will return soon with a definite answer.

Sjur