[libvoikko] VoikkoSpellService + hfst questions

Sjur Moshagen sjurnm at mac.com
Fri Sep 9 12:12:19 EEST 2011

Den 9. sep. 2011 kl. 00.00 skrev Sjur Moshagen:

> Den 8. sep. 2011 kl. 20.55 skrev Sjur Moshagen:
>
>> I'll try to get the OOo thing working with the latest libvoikko.

I built from source using the LibreOffice SDK, and the extension seems to work as intended. I have tested all three Sámi languages, and all seems to work as intended (at least technically:)

Now I would like to distribute it within the team for further testing, but based on the size of the extension it must be dynamically linked, which is not a good idea when distributing.

From my understanding of the ooovoikko Makefile it looks like it is only possible to either include both libs and dictionaries, or nothing (by setting the STANDALONE_EXTENSION_PATH), whereas I would like to build the extension with the library statically linked, but the dictinaries dynamically loaded from the user accounts (~/.voikko/2/) such that they can compile and update the transducers themselves.

Is it possible to build the extension this way? How?

Sjur