[libvoikko] Libreoffice-voikko binaries

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Fri Sep 9 16:40:57 EEST 2011

On Friday 09 September 2011, Sjur Moshagen wrote:
> Den 8. sep. 2011 kl. 20.55 skrev Sjur Moshagen:
> > I'll try to get the OOo thing working with the latest libvoikko.
>
> On the release notes page http://voikko.sourceforge.net/releases.html it
says:
> > Libreoffice-voikko 3.2 (2011-02-18)
>
> but I can't seem to find it on any of the download pages (Win, Mac, Linux).
> The Windows and Mac pages have older versions. Is it available for
> download as a precompiled oxt, or is it only via source code?

Only as source code. We don't provide any official binaries and those who do
will often skip releases for various reasons.

For example the Mac version I have packaged is (apart from a trivial
compatibility fix in a configuration file) over three years old. I'm sorry
about that but I do not have a Mac computer myself and thus cannot update it
anymore.

LibreOffice project will announce its extension repository soon. Since I'm
involved with that project as well I have started to consider whether we
should publish Voikko extensions for different operating systems and languages
as a semi-official team. Obviously there are Mac users of Voikko these days so
it might be a reasonable thing to do. I could handle the Windows versions,
anyone interested in helping with Mac builds?