[libvoikko] Libreoffice Voikko+HFST standalone extension for Mac issue

Flammie Pirinen flammie at iki.fi
Wed Sep 14 09:03:22 EEST 2011

2011-09-14, Sjur Moshagen sanoi:

> Den 14. sep. 2011 kl. 07.33 skrev Sjur Moshagen:
>
> >> See attached patch for all kl changes, it includes some misc
> >> sutff like customized logos and props for English settings pages.
> >>
> >> The example builds are in <http://www.helsinki.fi/~tapirine/tmp/>
> >> as usual, look for voikko-kl-*.
> >
> > I will test both the prebuilt package from your link
>
> I did, and it crashes upon installation with the same error. It first
> displays the license, then after a while during installation I get
> the same "loading component library failed" dialog.
>
> At least it is consistent, which may point to the problem actually
> being MacOS 10.5 on that test machine. I will ask some of my
> colleagues to test on a Snow Leopard (10.6) machine instead, to
> hopefully confirm that that is the issue.

This wouldn't be totally unexpected, I've understood that compiling for
10.5 from newer versions would require extra hoops to jump through.
Luckily I have there the version I compiled on 10.5 back then so I can
use that to provide just enough support for those who still use it.
--
Flammie, computer scientist bachelor, linguist master, free software
Finnish localiser, and more! <http://www.iki.fi/flammie/>