[libvoikko] Sources moved to Github, wiki will follow

"Harri Pitkänen" hatapitk at iki.fi
Sun Jul 1 12:46:03 EEST 2012

Source code previously hosted on SourceForge has now been moved to Git:

  https://github.com/voikko

Most top level directories under SVN trunk have their own repository now.
The exception is "corevoikko" repository which contains libvoikko,
Suomi-malaga and related development tools and tests.

If you have used Trac to follow changes made to the SVN repository you can
get roughly similar information from CIA:

  http://cia.vc/stats/project/Voikko

Wiki pages from Trac are being moved and instructions adapted for Git.
This is still in progress but eventually all information can be found from
here:

  https://github.com/voikko/corevoikko/wiki

Patches against the new repositories can be submitted to this mailing
list, preferably by attaching the output of "git format-patch" to the
message. Using forks and pull requests (on GitHub or elsewhere) is fine as
well.

The first real development within Git has been making Clang (version 3.1)
a supported compiler for libvoikko. I have checked that libvoikko built
with Clang passes all our tests. It seems that code produced by Clang 3.1
runs about 8 % faster than code produced by GCC 4.7 (with Malaga backend).