[libvoikko] Libvoikko for WIN64, cross compiling, VFST portability and re-licensing status

Andris Pavenis andris.pavenis at iki.fi
Wed Mar 21 07:44:05 EET 2012

On 03/20/2012 09:24 PM, Harri Pitkänen wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 March 2012, Marko Wallin wrote:
>> Did a quick test and the cross compiled libvoikko seems to work on 64
>> bit Windows 7 when run on command prompt. Tested just voikkospell with
>> couple of words.
>
> Thanks for testing! This is really encouraging news since we can now "support"
> 64 bit Windows at least for those users who are willing to test the library
> and report back if they see problems.
>
>> Didn't work with mozvoikko on 32 bit Firefox as the
>> library couldn't be loaded.
>
> This is most likely caused by the required dependencies. If I remember
> correctly Mozvoikko had to preload library dependencies for libvoikko before
> like that. So now you would need to do something similar. Call ctypes.open for
> libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll and libstdc++-6.dll before opening libvoikko-1.dll to make
> it work.
>
> Better alternative would be to link these libraries statically to
> libvoikko-1.dll. I tried that but had no success. It should be possible but
> someone needs to figure out how to do that.

You could try at first Firefoxin nightly versions like from

http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/nightly/latest-trunk/

At least I see win64 version there.

One can also use http://www.dependencywalker.com/ to see which DLL's are
used and which are not found.

Preloading other DLL's were removed from mozvoikko as it was no more
needed. I would not like seen it put back

Andris