[libvoikko] Libreoffice-voikko build broken on MacOSX

Sjur Moshagen sjurnm at mac.com
Sat Jun 1 06:16:47 EEST 2013

A short update to the list:

30. mai 2013 kl. 17:05 skrev Harri Pitkänen <hatapitk at iki.fi>:

> It seems to have made some difference: now it is complaining about missing
> file with an absolute path. You could now find out where libuno_cppu.dylib is
> installed and fix the path in Makefile.

Thanks, this made me able to fix the remaining dylib linking errors, by using your suggested solution on all required dylibs.

>> Is it possible that the whole thing will work despite the dylib messages,
>> as long as I can fix the other linking issues (they are (hopefully)
>> manageable)?
>
> I would think so.

It wasn't like that, but the above nevertheless helped me:)

> But at least your original error message had these undefined
> symbols that are related to LO SDK and not to any hfst-ospell stuff:
>
> _rtl_allocateMemory
> _rtl_freeMemory
> _rtl_uString_assign

Yes. I finally managed to build the oxt by referencing all static libraries required by hfst-ospell with their full path-name, by using your suggestions for the dynamic libraries on all referenced dylibs, and by including a couple of -framework instructions to cover a few system-specific function calls.

The oxt works, but only for LO 4.0 (and presumably the upcoming 4.1). It seems to work on all MacOSX systems from 10.4 to 10.8, which is good.

There are still a couple of issues:
* the oxt doesn't work with LO 3.x or with OpenOffice - it would be nice for end users if it would work for a reasonable number of LO and OOo releases; is there a minimum version requirement, or is it just that I have to build the oxt against the proper LO SDK (e.g. 3.6, and it should work against most/all newer releases)?
* the speller is very slow in LO - I have no idea why yet, but this needs to be investigated, and the speed compared to other systems and the command line version

But the bottom line is that the many Mac users in the Giellatekno/Divvun groups and associated projects now have a tool to test their work on analyzers and spellers for different languages directly in LO. It makes following the old saying "eat your own dog food" much easier:) It also means that we are one step further to be able to deliver these tools to the end user language communities.

The MacOSX version of the Voikko OXT with hfst support is available as an alpha from:

http://divvun.no/static_files/voikko-2013-05-31.oxt

Thanks for the help!

Sjur