[libvoikko] HFST backend is no longer experimental

Flammie Pirinen flammie at iki.fi
Sat Mar 16 20:20:51 EET 2013

2013-03-16, Harri Pitkänen sanoi:

> HFST backend of libvoikko is no longer experimental. It should be
> nearly ready for release and I would like to ask you to test it as
> much as possible so that we know if it works on all relevant
> platforms.

That is excellent news the hear, thanks.

> - Hfst-ospell is required for this thing to work. It must be
> configured with all optional features (support for ZIP decompression
> and XML parsing) or things will break badly.
>
> - I have used Hfst-ospell from SVN trunk and found some small bugs.
> Patch is attached to this bug report:
> http://sourceforge.net/p/hfst/bugs/165/ Later I noticed some more
> memory leaks coming from "voikkospell -s", those still need to be
> investigated and fixed.

I will try to look into these and roll a new package early next week if
everything is in order. It starts to be about time since there's lot of
improvement since previous release.

--
Flammie, computer scientist bachelor, linguist master, free software
Finnish localiser, and more! <http://www.iki.fi/flammie/>