[libvoikko] HFST backend is no longer experimental

"Harri Pitkänen" hatapitk at iki.fi
Mon Mar 18 23:06:35 EET 2013

ma 18.3.2013 21:51 Sjur Moshagen kirjoitti:
> Nice. One thing crossed my mind: presently only the error model is
> weighted, the acceptor is in practice unweighted. But I imagine that we in
> the future will start to add weights to the acceptor as well, as further
> fine tuning of suggestions (e.g. suggest lexicalised compounds over
> dynamic compounds, etc). Is this taken into account, or could it cause
> issues in the future?

This is possible, but this new format may need its own version number if
it is not both forward and backward compatible with current format.

> Should mostly be fine, but there are cases of words that should not be
> capitalised (at least in some languages), like 'van' in "Ludwig van
> Beethoven" and similar construct. I don't know what to do with such words.

If the problem is just with few words such as "van", we can add a hack to
libvoikko to forbid initial caps for these. But at least in Finnish even
these should be capitalized at the start of a sentence.