[libvoikko] Libreoffice-voikko build broken on MacOSX

Sjur Moshagen sjurnm at mac.com
Wed May 29 09:42:59 EEST 2013

28. mai 2013 kl. 23:15 skrev Harri Pitkänen <hatapitk at iki.fi>:

> Seems like there are two issues:
>
> * Missing symbols from hfst-ospell. Maybe you just need to add "-lhfstospell"
> at the end of the command?

That fixed those missing symbols, but instead the linker reported other missing symbols coming from the dependencies of hfst-ospell (even though it should have been linked statically), the first case was libarchive. Linking with -l didn't work, but explicitly referencing the full pathname did - only to generate new missing symbols from further dependencies. I guess I have to explicitly link all dependencies and their dependencies until all symbols are covered.

> * @loader_path is only know at runtime. Looking at the linker command in your
> earlier message I see that explicit mappings are provided for libraries
> referenced using @__________________________________________________URELIB. I
> think you could just add a copy of those three "-Wl,-dylib_file,..." switches
> replaced with @loader_path. Keep the original switches as well.

Unfortunately these are coming from the LO SDK, and can't easily be changed.

> You might also want to check this commit:
>
>  http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit?id=368210926b67483a3926a0af1890127ca182e064
>
> Support for building under OS X 10.5 and earlier was dropped for LibreOffice
> 4.1. As you can see, this makes linking somewhat easier.

Yes. That is worth considering. I guess that the plugin won't be backwards compatible with LO running under systems older than 10.6 then, right?

Sjur