[libvoikko] Libreoffice-voikko build broken on MacOSX

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Wed May 29 23:33:38 EEST 2013

On Wednesday 29 May 2013, Sjur Moshagen wrote:
> > * @loader_path is only know at runtime. Looking at the linker command in
> > your earlier message I see that explicit mappings are provided for
> > libraries referenced using
> > @__________________________________________________URELIB. I think you
> > could just add a copy of those three "-Wl,-dylib_file,..." switches
> > where @__________________________________________________URELIB would be
> > replaced with @loader_path. Keep the original switches as well.
>
> Unfortunately these are coming from the LO SDK, and can't easily be
> changed.

You don't have to change the strings that come from the SDK. Just add the
three new switches directly to the Makefile. Yes, it's a hack but I don't
think fixing the SDK makes sense now that LO 4.0 is already out and 4.1 will
not support building on OS X 10.5 anymore.

Something like this would hopefully do (I can't test this so check for typos
and correct line breaks etc.):

ifeq "$(PLATFORM)" "macosx"
                $(LINK) $(COMP_LINK_FLAGS) $(LINK_LIBS) -o $@ $^ \
                $(CPPUHELPERLIB) $(CPPULIB) $(SALLIB) $(CPPUHELPERDYLIB)
$(CPPUDYLIB) $(SALDYLIB) \
-Wl,-
dylib_file, at loader_path/libuno_cppuhelper'gcc3.dylib.3:/Applications/LibreOffice.app/Contents/ure-
link/lib/libuno_cppuhelpergcc3.dylib' -Wl,-
dylib_file, at loader_path/libuno_cppu.dylib.3:'/Applications/LibreOffice.app/Contents/ure-
link/lib/libuno_cppu.dylib' -Wl,-
dylib_file, at loader_path/libuno_sal.dylib.3:'/Applications/LibreOffice.app/Contents/ure-
link/lib/libuno_sal.dylib' \
                -lvoikko -lhfstospell -lwhatever_else_is_needed
                $(INSTALL_NAME_URELIBS)  $@

> > Support for building under OS X 10.5 and earlier was dropped for
> > LibreOffice 4.1. As you can see, this makes linking somewhat easier.
>
> Yes. That is worth considering. I guess that the plugin won't be backwards
> compatible with LO running under systems older than 10.6 then, right?

Not necessarily. But you will likely need to add some compiler switches.
Googling for this suggests the following:

  -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk -mmacosx-version-min=10.5