[libvoikko] Not able to build libvoikko on MacOSX 10.9

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Tue Nov 12 16:41:49 EET 2013

On Tuesday 12 November 2013 11:03:33 Sjur Moshagen wrote:
> I solved the issue by prepending the namespace std:: to the offending
> function calls (wcschr and wmemchr) .

I think that is a safe fix although I still think you compiler might be broken
somehow. Maybe some parts of it are from Gcc and other parts are from Clang.
Have you used ./configure after updating to the latest OS X?

> I am not very familiar with git, so it is most likely something I am doing
> wrong. Any idea what it could be?

To create a pull request you should first create a clone of corevoikko under
your own Github account (through the web interface), then "git clone" that to
your computer, make the changes, commit, "git push", and create a pull request
through the web interface. I wrote slightly more detailed instructions here a
few months ago.

If you want to push directly into the repository, I need to add you as a
collaborator to the corevoikko repository. Is "snomos" your GitHub user id?

I'm not a Git expert either so I'm not exactly sure what the command you used
would do. "--tags" at least does not seem correct for what you are trying to
do. "git push" without any arguments should work at least if you have not
changed your default push target in Git configuration and your current branch
contains the changes you want to push.