[libvoikko] error handling in the grammar checker

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Tue Oct 8 16:49:15 EEST 2013

On Tuesday 08 October 2013 11:18:10 Francis Tyers wrote:
> I've started the error file here, it will be expanded as the grammar
> checker is developed.
>
> https://victorio.uit.no/langtech/trunk/langs/sme/tools/grammarcheckers/error
> s.xml
>
> However, I think that in the long-term (e.g. before a first release), it
> would be good to change the API to allow the strings to come from a
> bundled XML file. Otherwise, we will essentially need to have either:
>
> 1) All of the errors for all of the languages bundled with libvoikko --
> probably with unique codes, or
> 2) Some kind of shared library that voikko loads from the language
> package.

Number 1 would be the fastest solution but not very nice in the long run.
Number 2 is very hard to get right for a cross platform library and even
impossible for some platforms (IOS for example, although we don't support that
at the moment).

So implementing this properly would seem like the best thing to do. I can add
the necessary API (initially with dummy implementation) for the next release
of libvoikko (in November) and start using that in libreoffice-voikko (to be
released also in November).