[libvoikko] Grammar checkers, hyphenators and libreoffice-voikko

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Thu Oct 10 21:03:26 EEST 2013

On Thursday 10 October 2013 20:33:45 Sjur Moshagen wrote:
> How backwards compatible is the present code? Is it also compatible with
> OpenOffice? I'm asking so that I know what to tell the users.

It is compatible with LibreOffice 4.1 or later. With just one or two changes
to the source code you can make it compatible with older versions of
LibreOffice (at least 3.6 and 4.0). It should be easy to spot the required
locations as they will lead to compilation errors with older SDKs.

It is not compatible with OpenOffice.org or Apache OpenOffice. I would guess
that the same procedure (compile with correct SDK, see what breaks and fix it)
might allow you to produce a compatible build.