[libvoikko] tatar and chuvash in libvoikko

Francis Tyers ftyers at prompsit.com
Tue Sep 17 17:31:14 EEST 2013

El dt 17 de 09 de 2013 a les 17:24 +0300, en/na Harri Pitkänen va
escriure:
> On Monday 16 September 2013 20:43:16 Francis Tyers wrote:
> > Oops, it should probably be:
> >
> >         {"tat", "tt", "RU"},
> >
> > But now, although I can select Tatar in the dropdown list (it comes up
> > with the little blue ABC tick), I get every word underlined in red. Any
> > suggestions ?
>
> In commit a8f9cd3e54cec6256c11867c7d4bc6da402de18b I added these two languages
> as
>
>          {"cv", "cv", "RU"},
>          {"tt", "tt", "RU"},
>
> and now I can use these in LibreOffice just fine (using a fake dictionary).

Thanks!

> We usually use ISO 639-1 codes when they are available but I don't understand how
> that could have caused this problem.

Does the ISO code have to be both in the index.xml file and as the file
name of the .zhfst file ? Or is it ok just as the name of the .zhfst
file ?

> If it still does not work for you after you pull the latest change from GitHub
> the problem might have something to do with the specific dictionary. Which
> backend you were using? If you are using the ZHFST format, I could have a look
> if I could download the speller for testing. If you used the Lttoolbox backend
> I would recommend converting first to ZHFST format to see if that helps.

I'm using the ZHFST backend, here is the file:

http://ilazki.thinkgeek.co.uk/~spectre/tat.zhfst

> And it is also worth checking that LibreOffice is using the same build of
> libvoikko that you use with voikkospell. Often, at least on Linux, it happens
> easily that LibreOffice uses the system provided library and command line
> tools use the library that you compiled from source.

I installed everything from scratch (libvoikko, libreoffice,
libreoffice-voikko) yesterday, so I'm pretty sure they are using the
same versions...

Fran