[libvoikko] grammar checking in libvoikko

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Tue Sep 17 18:55:03 EEST 2013

On Tuesday 17 September 2013 14:32:00 Francis Tyers wrote:
> The suggestions is another question... my preference is for the CG error
> tags to be mapped to human readable descriptions in some TSV or XML
> file.

Currently we have numerical error codes (18 of them) listed in
src/grammar/error.hpp. The corresponding hard-coded Finnish and English error
text are in src/grammar/error.cpp.

A quick solution is just to re-use and extend these as needed. But indeed
having the error texts as a part of the language specific "dictionary" would
make more sense.

> > What about user help texts for the errors identified?
>
> Help texts see above TSV or XML.

For this we already have an XML format. It is not yet localizable but that
would not be hard to fix:

  https://github.com/voikko/corevoikko/blob/master/libvoikko/data/gchelp.xml

>From this we generate these web pages:

  http://voikko.puimula.org/gchelp/fi

which in turn are directly used in LibreOffice when user requests more
information about a grammar error.