[libvoikko] grammar checker checks

Francis Tyers ftyers at prompsit.com
Wed Sep 18 14:06:57 EEST 2013

(Sorry for all the recent posts, when I get my head around things more
they will hopefully die down)

So, the question/proposal:

At the moment in the grammar checker there are two places with checks:

1) checks.cpp
2) check/

What I would like to do is move these to a class, called
MalagaRuleEngine which extends the RuleEngine class. This class will be
used for containing all the rules/checks. I've started this, you can see
the attached diff. I would appreciate any comments. I have run the code
and it seems to work (the blue underlines come up in LibreOffice).

Questions:

1) Is there a reason why there is no Makefile.am in grammar/ ?
2) Is there a reason why there is a check namespace ?
3) In the long term, might it be possible to replace the C++ checks with
a constraint grammar file ?
4) Do you have any test cases for the Finnish grammar checker ? -- At
the moment I'm just pasting in paragraphs and randomly removing words :)

Regards,

Fran