[libvoikko] grammar checker checks

"Harri Pitkänen" hatapitk at iki.fi
Sat Sep 28 10:37:58 EEST 2013

la 28.9.2013 2:23 Francis Tyers kirjoitti:
> It was related to the post by Harri suggesting that the use of CG or not
> as the backend for grammar checking for Finnish might depend on the
> licensing.

Yes. One of the most wanted improvements to Voikko is "integrate it to
LibreOffice core". We are now closer than ever of being able to do that
but there is still much work to be done. I don't want to make my own
workload heavier than it already is so I'd rather stick with the current
implementation for Finnish.

And this is not just about LibreOffice and extensions, I just mentioned it
as one example. The same holds for some browsers, many tablet and mobile
phone platforms etc.

But still, it is perfectly OK to use VISLCG3 in libvoikko as long as it is
possible to disable it in situations where the license is an issue. Using
it in an extension is certainly possible. So I see no problems here.