[libvoikko] ZHFST, libreffice-voikko and Windows: new test build available

Sjur Moshagen sjurnm at mac.com
Wed Aug 13 22:39:51 EEST 2014

13. aug. 2014 kl. 20:09 skrev Harri Pitkänen <hatapitk at iki.fi>:

>> The major issue is that 3.3 does not include a critical bug fix:
>
> Actually I no longer understand why I wrote 3.3 there. Must have been a typo,
> sorry, it does not make sense since 3.3 is really old (January 2012). It
> should have been 3.4.1 since that is what I have been shipping to Windows
> users since June 2013. And that version also supports LibreOffice 3.6.

Ok, good.

> Best way to check this is to actually try it. Is it really slow? I did not
> notice any slowness at all.

On the Mac, it is very slow, but that is obviously because I compiled with 3.3. I will recompile with 3.4.1.

On Windows it seems to be reasonably fast using LO 4.0, but I am testing on a virtual machine which slows things down a bit.

The most important issue I have found on both windows and mac for LO 4.0+ is that uninstallation does not work properly. On Windows the uninstallation never finishes, and on the mac it tends to leave an inactivated version of the oxt in the LO user cache.

I will test more and report after recompiling with the 3.4.1 version.

Sjur