[libvoikko] Changes to libreoffice-voikko for reliable (un)installation

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Fri Aug 22 19:10:55 EEST 2014

On Monday 18 August 2014 17:32:58 Harri Pitkänen wrote:
> On Thursday 14 August 2014 13:38:03 Sjur Moshagen wrote:
> > - fi/Finnish:
> > -- installs fine
> > -- works fine
> > -- uninstall does always work, but the oxt and tmp dir is left in the user
> > cache. The oxt tmp dir is removed upon restart of LO though, so this is
> > probably not a major issue.
>
> Thanks for your testing! The result above is how uninstallation is supposed
> to work (the files are not removed immediately since there may be
> extensions that cannot be removed from running office instance). I will try
> to find some time to figure out why it does not work correctly in the other
> combinations you tested.

I have now implemented a change that might help to solve the uninstallation
problems. The detection of services that the extension provides is now done by
reading an XML file instead of calling a function in the component library.
This has been the recommended practice since LibreOffice 4.3.

At least I have not been able to reproduce any uninstallation problems with
this change. But I did not have problems with the previous version either. If
this helps on OS X, I will build this for Windows as well.