[libvoikko] Changes to libreoffice-voikko for reliable (un)installation

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Sat Aug 30 11:44:54 EEST 2014

On Friday 29 August 2014 22:52:08 Sjur Moshagen wrote:
> This is the big next issue for me: the LO 4.1 OXT does not work with neither
> LO 4.2 or 4.3. It installs cleanly, but as soon as one opens the Voikko
> preferences pane, it is completely empty (see attached screenshot). It
> doesn’t help to build the OXT against the LO 4.2 or 4.3 SDK’s. The OXT is
> built on MacOSX 10.6 to ensure backwards compatibility at least as far back
> as that. And there is no issue with LO 4.1, which AFAIK uses the same API
> as 4.2 and 4.3.
>
> If we can fix this, we are a major step towards a release candidate.

This is interesting... Since this works fine on Linux it must be specific to
the operating system or your configuration. There are some things that come to
my mind:

- If you have previously disabled the grammar checker with
ENABLE_GRAMMAR_CHECKER=0 you might have problems with the latest release (it
cannot be completely disabled anymore).

- There are three OS X specific Makefile changes between 3.4.1 and current
master:

 * 53ed3ef52a12d89586db5ae58dab766a0223e063
 * 6d986e87eb6aec0874a0d96d808182e29e76d9d8
 * 2cf35173a9af66214983226d1af50967038fe559

Could some of these have caused the problem? Try reverting these (one at a
time) and see if it helps.

- Make sure you have installed matching versions of LibreOffice and
LibreOffice SDK when you build the extension. It is not sufficient to upgrade
or downgrade just the SDK.