[libvoikko] Changes to libreoffice-voikko for reliable (un)installation

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Sat Aug 30 17:27:20 EEST 2014

On Saturday 30 August 2014 15:52:41 Sjur Moshagen wrote:
> 30. aug. 2014 kl. 11:44 skrev Harri Pitkänen <hatapitk at iki.fi>:
> > On Friday 29 August 2014 22:52:08 Sjur Moshagen wrote:
> > - If you have previously disabled the grammar checker with
> > ENABLE_GRAMMAR_CHECKER=0 you might have problems with the latest release
> > (it cannot be completely disabled anymore).
>
> This could be relevant, but I believe that the issue I see is much older
> than your recent change to the grammar checker settings.
>
> Do I have to build libvoikko with grammar checker support with this change?

No, nothing special is needed in libvoikko. You only need to have libvoikko
3.7 or later (but you already needed that before this change). Grammar
checking is not offered anymore for languages that do not have suitable
dictionary so there should be no harm in enabling this feature
unconditionally.

After switching to passive component registration it was no longer possible to
disable the grammar checker the same way it was done before. That is why I
decided to remove this option completely.

> The build system is a macosx 10.6 with all patches, and my only changes to
> the settings (Makefile) are the path required to build a standalone
> version, and the list of (static) libraries to link in the link stage.
> Everything else should be as in trunk.

Is the list of static libraries the same for functional (3.4.2) and broken
(Git master) extension?

There are 18 commits between 3.4.1 and current master. If 3.4.1 works but
master does not the problem must be one of these commits.