[libvoikko] Libreoffice-voikko and 64 bit LibreOffice on OS X

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Mon Jan 27 16:50:51 EET 2014

I'd like to know if libreoffice-voikko (or more specifically any of the
available binary extensions) works with 64 bit LibreOffice on OS X. I believe
some people on this list have a 64 bit Mac; if you do, please download this
pre-release build of LibreOffice 4.2

  http://www.libreoffice.org/download/?type=mac-x86_64&version=4.2.0

and try installing for example this extension

  http://verteksi.net/lab/libreoffice-voikko/

and/or any of your own builds and let me know if they work for you.

I would like to have this information so that I can provide correct
information for the users of OS X. If the currently available extensions don't
work we need to instruct the users of libreoffice-voikko to download a 32 bit
LibreOffice instead (which may cause compatibility issues with the latest Java
for OS X).

Harri

PS. The extension located at http://www.puimula.org/htp/ooo/voikko-mac.html
does not need to be tested. It is old and 32-bit only so it will definitely
not work.