[libvoikko] Libreoffice-voikko and 64 bit LibreOffice on OS X

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Tue Jan 28 20:06:23 EET 2014

On Monday 27 January 2014 23:40:44 Sjur Moshagen wrote:
> None of them work. This is because both the verteksi oxt and my own are
> 32-bit only, and thus can’t work:

Ok, now that I think about it this is of course true. I got confused because I
read this build script

http://verteksi.net/files/voikko/libreoffice-voikko_3_osx_10-9_build-libs.sh.txt

and it did some 64 bit stuff in various places. But if your SDK is 32 bit only
it would indeed be quite difficult to link 64 bit code against it.

Did you get the usual "Loading component library failed..." when you tried to
install the extension? If so, I can write some troubleshooting instructions
for those users who upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit LibreOffice and will end up
having this problem.

It might also be useful to add <platform/> element into description.xml to
prevent installation on wrong architecture:

  https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/Extensions/Target_Platform