[libvoikko] Libreoffice-voikko and 64 bit LibreOffice on OS X

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Tue Jan 28 20:11:39 EET 2014

On Tuesday 28 January 2014 08:24:36 Sjur Moshagen wrote:
> It turns out that a i386 build is the default in the SDK, even in the 64-bit
> SDK distro. But overriding the default is easy:
>
> make oxt GCC_ARCH_OPTION=
>
> This produces a 64 bit dylib in the oxt:
>
> $ file build/oxt/voikko.dylib
> build/oxt/voikko.dylib: Mach-O 64-bit dynamically linked shared library
> x86_64
>
> Unfortunately, it still doesn’t work. The options pane is just blank.

I have no idea about why this happens. It might even be that the SDK just does
not work on 64 bit OS X, possibly it has never really been tested.

If nobody is able to find out why this happens I might have time to do some
investigation later (not before March). But since I do not have the required
hardware it would help to have remote access (ssh connection) to a suitable
system.