[libvoikko] ZHFST, libreffice-voikko and Windows: new test build available

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Fri Jan 31 16:47:38 EET 2014

On Friday 31 January 2014 08:16:33 Sjur Moshagen wrote:
> 29. jan. 2014 kl. 19:42 skrev Harri Pitkänen <hatapitk at iki.fi>:
> > There is one benefit in using the old code: it will work in LibreOffice
> > 3.6
> > and later. The new code would require LibreOffice 4.1.
>
> That is of course true. On the other side, many of the languages using the
> hfst support are not recognized by LibreOffice 3.6, some not even by 4.1
> (but by the upcoming 4.2, and some possibly not even there).
>
> That is, to make full use of the hfst support, we would need the latest
> codebase. Now that we have one release supporting LO 3.6, would it be
> possible to make another release targeted at LO 4.1 and newer?

I don't think we have an actual release yet, just an oxt package for testing.
We can do another soon but let's turn this one into a real release first so
that it is also available for the end users.

I will set up a web page that contains links (direct downloads or references
to other download sites) for all languages that can be supported. To do that I
would need either 1) or 2) for each of the supported languages:

1) URL for a web page that contains download information or links for one or
more languages. At least oxt file for Windows and information on where to get
the sources for the extension and the speller should be available on that
page.

2) For those who don't want to maintain their own download page I can provide
one (I will package the oxt extension as well). In that case I need to know
 - Where to get the sources for the speller (package or a tag in a version
   control system)
 - Where to get the actual ZHFST speller (for now, later I would rather build
   this from the sources automatically)
 - Name and e-mail of at least one contact person who is also willing to
   provide support for the extension in English and in the target language.
   "Support" means answering simple questions about how to use the extension,
   maintaining the installation instructions (if they need to be translated)
   and making sure that any feedback on the quality of the speller is
   forwarded to the developers. If the contact person does not want
   his/her email address to appear on the web page, that can also be arranged.

If we get this working for a few languages then we can extend it to the more
recently added. Is that OK?