[libvoikko] Mozvoikko needs to be signed and reviewed at addons.mozilla.org

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 17:20:34 EEST 2015

Hi,

Starting with Firefox 41, mozvoikko would need to be signed by the
developer and reviewed at addons.mozilla.org. See downstream bug
report: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mozvoikko/+bug/1482219

Mozilla's instructions are at
https://support.mozilla.org/fi/kb/add-on-signing-in-firefox

Another extension http://pad.lv/1482346 was reportedly already fixed
"in the builds" (in a firefox-next package archive). When I asked
Chris about the details on #ubuntu-devel, he had this to say:

20150818|15:11 < chrisccoulson> the addon needs to be reviewed and
signed by the addons.mozilla.org team. The developer needs to do that
though

I didn't get a further reply though so I'm not sure if the new Firefox
builds in Ubuntu then automatically allow any identical-to-addons.m.o
extension when it has been signed on the addons site. But I don't see
any indication that the downstream extension in question would have
been modified, so maybe this is the case that signing at addons would
only be needed.

Debian's Iceweasel might need some modifications too.

-Timo