[libvoikko] libvoikko 4.0, voikko-fi 2.0 and libreoffice-voikko 5.0

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Tue Dec 15 16:54:00 EET 2015

Hi!

On Tuesday 15 December 2015 12:35:54 Sjur Moshagen wrote:
> One issue I noticed today:
>
> Is it so that libvoikko will now build with no default dictionary search
> paths? Ie one must specify at compile time all search paths? That seems a
> bit odd. Here is one example:

Yes, this is intentional and was done to resolve this bug:

  https://github.com/voikko/corevoikko/issues/13

> That is, after upgrading to libvoikko 4.0, I do not see any spelling
> dictionaries unless I specify the search dir with -p. This was not the case
> earlier.

The release notes mention that you should now build with option --with-
dictionary-path=... on system where it remains to be useful (Linux and OS X).

And even then it is good to consider all three points Tino mentioned in the
bug report above. Especially now that we don't enable any platform dependent
formats by default it might make more sense to use "share" instead of "lib" if
you don't have to consider backwards compatibility.