[libvoikko] Is is possible to specify multiple dictionary paths for ./configure?

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Fri Jan 2 18:10:08 EET 2015

On Friday 02 January 2015 09:36:12 Sjur Moshagen wrote:
> Another question: what is the search order of the listed dirs? Which dir
> will take precedence if a speller file for one language is found in
> multiple locations?

Reading "Search order for dictionary files" at

 https://github.com/voikko/corevoikko/blob/master/libvoikko/README

will answer all of these questions.

One thing that it does not explicitly mention is that ~ has no special meaning
in any of these paths. It is interpreted literally unless you let the shell
expand it before running configure. This is why
  --with-dictionary-path=~/Library/Spelling/voikko
does not do what you want. I would like to keep it that way because ~ is used
on Windows when converting long file names to 8.3 format and it can appear in
file and directory names on other platforms as well.

But we could just decide that on OS X the user specific dictionary location
(point 3 in the README) is
  $HOME/Library/Spelling/voikko
instead of
  $HOME/.voikko
Would that make sense? Using both would just be confusing. Or is there actual
need for multiple user specific dictionary locations?