[libvoikko] Is is possible to specify multiple dictionary paths for ./configure?

Sjur Moshagen sjurnm at mac.com
Mon Jan 5 00:40:06 EET 2015

3. jan. 2015 kl. 13:57 skrev Harri Pitkänen <hatapitk at iki.fi>:
>> Add a new item 5), renaming the old 5) to 6):
>>
>> 5) Only on Mac OS X:
>>  a) from directory $HOME/Library/Spelling/voikko
>
> Added this as 3) a) i) and implemented it. Hopefully the implementation is
> correct, I could not test it.

Yes, it worked as intended :)

>>  b) from directory /Library/Spelling/voikko
>
> I think it would be best to implement this as part of 5) by making --with-
> dictionary-path default to /usr/lib/voikko:/Library/Spelling/voikko on OS X
> and /usr/lib/voikko on other operating systems (this would make it possible to
> override the default).
>
> This would only require changes to configure.ac. Something like
>
> if test x$build_os == xsomething; then
>
> between lines 52 and 57. Can you help me here? I do not know what $build_os is
> on OS X and if I try to write this without testing I will most likely just
> break things.

I created a pull request. The new code seems to work correctly on my system. It only add the additional search path if no prefix is specified - I believe that that is the cleanest approach. If a prefix is given, and one still wants the additional search path, one can use --with-dictionary-path to override.

Please test, and see if it works ok.

Sorry, I just realised I forgot to update the documentation :(

Sjur