[libvoikko] Possible encoding bug in latest voikkospell

Harri Pitkänen hatapitk at iki.fi
Fri Mar 20 16:44:32 EET 2015

On Thursday 19 March 2015 23:42:57 Sjur Moshagen wrote:
> >  what():  locale::facet::_S_create_c_locale name not valid
> >
> > Abort trap: 6
> >
> > Something seems to be wrong in that function on the newest MacOSX system.
>
> There is a discussion on this error here:
>
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/gnu.gcc.help/mdh0rta0b90
>
> (pointed to from here:
> https://trac.macports.org/query?status=!closed&page=8&desc=1&order=owner&ro
> w=description)
>
> See also this one:
>
> («I think "locale loc()" is throwing an exception, but your code doesn't
> handle exceptions, so the program aborts execution.»)

The strange thing here is that we should be requesting the empty string locale
"" which according to http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/locale/locale/locale/
is "guaranteed to exist on all implementations". So I don't see how we can
have this exception unless the C++ runtime is broken.

Since you are using GCC 4.9 from MacPorts you should make sure that you are
linking against compatible C++ and C libraries. You probably cannot use those
that come with OS X.