[libvoikko] No zhfst support in LibreOffice-voikko 5.0?

Sjur Moshagen sjurnm at mac.com
Thu Jan 7 13:00:13 EET 2016

Hello all,

I am debugging reports about non-working LibreOffice-voikko for zhfst files. The bug reports relate to the versions built by the divvun team (divvun.no <http://divvun.no/>), but as part of the debugging process, I tested the latest (5.0) release of the LO-voikko extension for Windows, as found here:

http://www.puimula.org/htp/ooo/libreoffice-voikko.html <http://www.puimula.org/htp/ooo/libreoffice-voikko.html>

Since all of LO-voikko 5.0, libvoikko 4.0, and voikko-fi-2.0 were announced and released at the same time, I had assumed that support for zhfst (ie hfst-ospell backend) was enabled by default for all spellers, including LO-voikko. This seems not to be the case.

What I did:

1. downloaded the oxt from the above linked page
2. installed the oxt, confirmed that FI was working
3. located the unzipped oxt dir within the App Data dir
4. created a new dir ‘3’ within the ‘voikko’ dir
5. copied in a zhfst file for North Sami

I had expected the North Sámi zhfst file to be found and recognised, but that seems not to be the case.

Have I done anything wrong, or is it so that zhfst support is not enabled for the LO-voikko extension, despite being the default for libvoikko?

Sjur